With the government announcing the move to Covid-19 Alert Level 3 on Tuesday 27th April, Civil Contractors New Zealand (CCNZ) have released guidance protocols for vertical and horizontal construction projects.
Prior to Level 3, businesses are able to:
- install signage and posters related to workers returning to sites
- rearrange workplaces for physical distancing of/between workers
- conduct a review of installation of wash/sanitation stations
- clean premises and equipment
- check site conditions to ensure sites are safe for return of workers
- make observations that allow detailed development of Site Specific Safety Plans
- clear, unpack and sort freight. This does not include being on site for the receiving of materials. Ensure delivery protocols are adhered to
- check and prepare equipment
- check site security and safety controls during lockdown; and
- obtain equipment or enabling systems so workers can work from home
Information is being updated daily and safety protocols must be adhered to.