Sharp Tudhope is proud to be Tauranga’s oldest business. Henry Sharp opened his law practice in 1896 and invited fellow lawyer, Archie Tudhope, to join him 15 years later. In an extremely practical merger, the pair used some bullocks to literally pull their two offices together on Spring St – and the rest is history.
Today Sharp Tudhope plays an active role in community organisations and the economic development of our city. Our team of professionals are leaders in their chosen fields of expertise and always push themselves to stay ahead of legal developments and industry issues.
We are based in a green star-rated building on Devonport Rd (the first of its kind in Tauranga). Its environmentally sustainable design helps us look after the health and wellbeing of our staff, and to welcome our clients.
Ultimately it’s our people that sets us apart from other law firms. Their unrivalled knowledge and commitment to personal service is why generations of families and businesses choose to work with us.
We also play an active role in a variety of community organisations and charities, including:
Passionate about Tauranga and its future.
Playing an active role in the economic development of our city has always been part of who we are.
We are key members of:
ExportNZ Bay of Plenty
Tauranga Chamber of Commerce
Rotorua Chamber of Commerce
Institute of Directors
Maritime Law Association
Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport
New Zealand Contractors Federation